Sunday, January 21, 2018

This is my idea of a good time

I attended the Brunch and Vision Board party this weekend. The lovely Samantha Calonita hosted. She created the MeetUp I joined when arrived in Savannah last year. I cannot believe it is a year already, but I will save that discussion for another post. This post is about the party.

In the strictest sense of the term I am a vision board novice, but as far the brunch and party parts go I am an expert. In our first apartment in Italy I had a dressing room we named the Dollhouse because I kept the dolls from my doll collection in there. I decorated the walls and furniture with my images from my favorite magazines. I used the pictures to inspire my fashion choices, make up looks and hairstyles. Vision boards are a more strategic approach on how to bring your goals and dreams into your reality. If you believe in the Law of Attraction then maybe working on your own vision board will help get you closer to your goals.


The event was held at the Coastal Center for Developmental Services. This is organization provides an important service to the community. It helps differently-abled adults find jobs. They also have a catering program. Partying with a purpose is my idea of a good time. The time I spent at the party was well spent. I became emotional speaking to the group about the coaching call Samantha hosted in early December. I told them how that call released me from the fear that was holding me back from my purpose. The simple question what would you do if you were not afraid set me free and I have been on fire since.

That freedom from fear has pushed me to take new steps to connections that are dramatically changing my life, but back to the actual vision board making. Sam provided all the practical materials such as the foam boards glue and stickers. She also had a ton of magazines on hand. I curated several images in anticipation of the day. My unfinished board also deserves its own post.


This group of women is incredibly supportive. Everyone is speaking their truth and supporting each other. Not surprisingly this kind of vulnerability among women causes quite a few emotions to surface. I was not the only one who shed a few tears. They were tears of relief and joy. I sat next to a woman who spent three years in Madrid. She is working on her personal fitness certification to launch her personal training business. Our discussion deserves its own post. We had an intense discussion that did not leave much time to work on our boards. I am happy I left room to add more to my board as my journey continues. The board in a spot I can see easily and others can as well. Nothing is done alone. Support is essential to success. Building my tribe and my success one day and one friend at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment