Thursday, May 2, 2013

Makeup, hair and a new purse

It's been an eventful few weeks.. again. GEN Ray Odierno came to Vicenza this week and I briefed him on some of my work. This was a big deal for me and all of my colleagues. He took lots of notes and asked informed questions. It was very exciting.

As much fun as that was, I'd rather write about my new hair. I love my new hair, and I think it looks great. In addition to my new hair I have been wearing a lot more makeup. For along time I shied away from anything more than a natural look. More than once friends have chided me that I should wear brighter colors, but I always stayed with muted tones..until now!



I invested in a set of Realtechniques make up brushes, and a few other necessities. I typically used whatever brushes came with the products I bought. I didn't understand the difference a good brush can make. A few hours of youtube makeup tutorials and in person discussions with with a dear friend and I was in the fast lane. I love these brushes. My favorites in the bunch are the stippling on the far left and the buffing on the far right. I use the stippling for my blush and the buffing for my foundation. It took me awhile to get here and I still have a long way to go, but I am certainly on my way!
Realtechniques brushes

In addition to my recent investment in makeup, I try to experiment with different looks.  I don't think I'm quite there yet. Most my looks are still very similar. I need to work on using different colors. The problem is I buy more of the same because I like it. I have to push out of my comfort zone if I want to achieve different looks.

I bought this very unusual purse. I actually wear yellow and grey often enough to have a yellow and grey purse. Today I went overboard and was a little too matchy, but it should be a great addition to my Spring wardrobe.



No comments:

Post a Comment