Thursday, October 27, 2011

About the knife he bought me


Last season on Dexter Julia Stiles played Lumen, Dexter's love interest. Towards the end of the season Dexter bought Lumen a silver pocketknife. Buying a woman a pocket knife is an eccentric way to say I love you. It expresses a very personal affection. It says I know you understand who I am and what's important to me. It says you are important to me. A man who buys you knife is deeply in love with you. Yes diamonds are nice. Any jewelry is nice to have, but a knife? That's a true expression of love from a former military, outdoorsman, guys-guy like the man I married. Nothing says I love you more than knife. I can't wait for the opportunity to whip this bad boy out with purpose.

Now about the the knife he bought me. It's approximately seven inches when fully extended. The blade is itself is three inches of cold, hard steel. (In case you didn't know, any knife worth having is made of cold, hard steel.) Ryan has the same knife with one major difference. Mine has a pretty rainbow finish. It gives it a very feminine touch. I cannot believe how happy this man makes me. I'm so lucky.

I am so touched by his thoughtful gift. Nothing says I love you like cold hard steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment