Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hey, there's a bra in here Part I

This weekend I accompanied Ryan on one of his Airsoft adventures. The game was a a simulation of a British invasion of a Chinese village.

I was reluctant to go on this adventure but, Ryan told me I didn't have to participate this time. Last time he handed me gun, some beebees, and told me it would hurt really bad if I got shot. He said this game was being played in a beautiful field. I imagined a remarkable field in a valley, nestled in the mountains. We would set up camp in this idyll and I would frolic in knee high flowers with purple petals so vibrant that they would stop in me in my tracks. I would whisper to myself, "This is breathtaking! I am so lucky to see all this magnificent beauty!" After my stroll I would roll around in our tent, eating sandwiches and fruit while Ryan commanded the British forces to march into the Chinese village.

To my surprise my fantasy was grossly out of touch with the reality of the weekend. Friday night we winded our way up the side of a mountain. The temperature dropped as we made are way up the switchbacks at a speedy clip. At the camp we met up with Ryan's teammates. We were in the "enemy" camp; a bad idea the night before the game. Giacomo, one of Ryan's teammates that we socialize with away from Airsoft, saw me and gasped in horror. "What on earth are you doing here? He brought you here?!" He said it as though I was a newborn baby wearing nothing but a diaper and summer bonnet. I smiled nervously as Ryan hurried me into the car.

At the proper camp, with the correct team, Ryan quickly set up our tent. We would sleep here tonight and head to the game site, AKA my idyll, in the morning. The British forces, they numbered 120, were preparing for the brief. Everyone was already dressed in their fatigues. Some of them practiced their British accents on me. I smiled politely.

Once Ryan set up the tent. I crawled in and got comfy while Ryan went to the briefing. There was a babbling brook nearby. The sound made me feel cold although I was perfectly warm. The next morning I woke up to distinctly male voices chanting, "Vafancullo!" It translates loosely to go fuck yourself up the ass. The guys were posing for pictures and instead of saying cheese, they said go fuck yourself..up the ass. It made them laugh because, as I later found out, their 120 voices echoed through the entire valley.

When Ryan and his buddies were done posing, it was time to pack up and get moving. I was still in the haze of the early morning when I stumbled out of the tent to look for a place to pee. When I got back Ryan was dismantling the tent. A few of his friends were within earshot when he found my bra. "There's a bra in here..." He said it as if he wasn't married and his wife hadn't spent the night snuggled tightly against him in a 8ftx8ft tent. Yes Ryan, it's my bra. He looked around and cradled it as if it was something illegal, yet precious and should be hidden from view when he handed it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment